PATIENT TREATMENT INFORMATION
With her level of expertise, caring approach, and a fast growing reputation as a Sexual Health Physician able to resolve difficult cases, Dr Mezzini is sought after both locally and interstate by patients, referring GPs and other specialists.
Patients can feel assured they are being offered the best possible advice and treatment options for their sexual health care needs.
In particular, she cares for patients with
- Menopause and hormonal concerns
- Vulval concerns after breast cancer treament
- Breast cancer prevention strategies
- Chronic pelvic pain in men and women
- Androgen (testosterone) deficiency in men
- Painful periods and endometriosis
- Vulval pain syndromes and vulval skin conditions
- Low libido and pain with intercourse
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and irregular periods
- Gender-affirming hormone therapy (transgender medical /hormonal care)
- Complex contraceptive choices, including IUD insertions
- Sexually transmitted infections such as recurrent genital herpes
- Recurrent bacterial vaginosis
- Recurrent thrush (Candida albicans)
Dr Mezzini is committed to offering her patients long appointments to ensure there is adequate time to discuss concerns and explore the best treatment options. Your first appointment will be 45 minutes, and follow up appointments 30 to 15 minutes.
If it is an urgent issue, please inform the friendly Wellend Health receptionists, and every effort will be made to see you with 48 hours.
A referral letter is required from your GP.
A referral letter and a report from a psychiatrist or suitably qualified clinical psychologist is required for transgender patients requiring gender affirming hormone therapy.