Dr Tonia Mezzini is regarded as expert on a range of sexual health and women’s health topics and is often invited to speak at medical conferences and training events.She has been awarded The Jan Edwards Prize for her paper on Mycoplasma genitalium in Men with Urethral Symptoms, and The Penelope Lowe Prize for her paper on HIV and Young People.
In 2020 Dr Mezzini will be presenting at the following events:
- February 22nd – Sex, Bodies and the Kardashians – Bayer Contraceptive Launch
- April 5th – Pelvic Pain Master Class – SA Continence Foundation Meeting
- May 9th – Sex After Baby – Obstetric Shared Care Program
- May 28th – Vulval Concerns and Pelvic Pain: Management Advice for GPs – SHine SA National Certificate Course
- July 31st – Pelvic Pain: What can Socrates teach us? – Australian Society of Psychosocial Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- August (TBC) – Vulval Dermatology for Sexual Health Nurses – SHine SA Certificate Course
- May 9th, August 15th, November 14th – Sex & Intimacy After Cancer Treatment – Adelaide Oncology and Haematology Restore Program
Dr Mezzini Teaching
In addition, she continues to teach Adelaide University Medical Students. She has been awarded both the Emertius Professor Alastair MacLennan AO Citation for Clinical Teaching and the Professor Derek Frewin AO Citation for Clinical Teaching.
Dr Mezzini GP Clinic Visits
Dr Mezzini regularly visits General Practice clinics to up-skill GPs on sexual health and women’s health topics.
If you would like Dr Mezzini to visit your practice, please contact Sonja at AGSC via email@example.com to arrange a suitable time.
Dr Tonia Mezzini is known for offering the best possible advice and treatment options for a person’s sexual health care needs. In particular, she cares for patients with:
- Menopause and hormonal concerns
- Chronic pelvic pain in men and women
- Recurrent bacterial vaginosis
- Painful periods and endometriosis
- Low libido and pain with intercourse
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Gender-affirming hormone therapy
- Complex contraceptive choices
- Sexually transmitted infections such as recurrent genital herpes