The physiotherapy team at Flex Rehabilitation Clinic invite you to attend a Pelvic Pain Educational Seminar to better understand the science of pelvic pain. The seminars will be presented by the team of pelvic floor physiotherapists from the Adelaide Pelvic Pain Network in conjunction with Flex Rehabilitation Clinic.
Pain research tells us that people with pain, who have a good understanding of pain science, recover more quickly. Knowledge is power! We also encourage you to bring your partner or friend to support your recovery.
Our experienced physiotherapists will lead the seminars, which will be interactive, with opportunity for questions and discussion.
The seminars are held bi-monthly on a Wednesday evening.
The Explain Pain “Protectometer” Handbook by Moseley and Butler (2015) is recommended reading and will be available for sale on the night.
Places are limited. Booking and payment is required in advance. Payment can be made by credit card over the phone.
Cost: $30 per person. Partner or friend welcome at no extra cost.
Pelvic Pain Education Sessions Dates:
19th Feb 7.30 – 9.00 pm
15th April 7.30 – 9.00 pm
17th June 7.30 – 9.00 pm
19st August 7.30 – 9.00 pm
14th October 7.30 – 9.00 pm
16th December 7.30 – 9.00 pm
- Premenstrual Syndrome and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
- Vulval pain syndromes and vulval skin conditions
- Low libido and pain with intercourse
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Gender-affirming hormone therapy
- Complex contraceptive choices
- Sexually transmitted infections such as recurrent genital herpes
- Recurrent bacterial vaginosis
- Recurrent thrush
- Menopause and hormonal concerns
- Chronic pelvic pain in men and women
- Painful periods and endometriosis
- Information about sexual health
- Women's Health after cancer treatment
- Androgen deficiency in men